ISO STEP AP242
AP242 Ed4 is the extension of AP242 Ed2 to the electrical design domain, completed with specific enhancements in the following domains: PDM, 3D geometry, 3D PMI, composite and mechanical design.
The AP242 ed4 project aims at defining and using a single integrated ISO standard covering product information interoperability capabilities for: Product Data Management, 3D model based design with PMI (e.g, Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances), Mechanical, Composite, and Electrical harness design.
This standard will be consistent with the ISO 10303 STEP modular Application Protocols:
- Assembly PMI in the Domain Model and the modules
- PMI updates in the modules
- Incorporation of Part 59(PDQ) ed3 and related PMI data quality module and Triangulated shape data quality module
- Identification of Structural Joints with fasteners in the domain model and in the modules with links to xMCF
- Composites material in the modules
- EWIS updates from implementation feedback
- Other outstanding issues validated by ISO/TC 184/SC 4/WG 21
- Domain Model Mappings to reach the ISO 10303-4000
- Process planning in the domain model and the module (in harmonisation with AP238/AP239)
- Integration of CAx-IF recommended practices in standard documentation
- Bounding boxes and LODs in Domain model
- Polyhedral B-Rep
- Guids that supports lifecycle traceability
- Visual Issue Management
- Web services implementation using JSON
The AP242 ed4 project aims at defining and using a single integrated ISO standard covering product information interoperability capabilities for: Product Data Management, 3D model based design with PMI (e.g, Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances), Mechanical, Composite, and Electrical harness design. This standard is consistent with the ISO 10303 STEP modular Application Protocols:
* AP209 “Multi-Disciplinary Analysis and design”,
* AP210 “Electronic assembly, interconnect, and packaging design”,
* AP233 “Systems Engineering”,
* AP238 “Application interpreted model for computer numeric controllers »,
* AP239 “Product Life-Cycle Support”.
Together they build the foundation for specifications, engineering simulation and 3D model based design information interoperability of aerospace, automotive and other transportation industries. This should extend the use of STEP by the main manufacturing industries and the support by PLM software suppliers and integrators.
Airbus participates in this project.
Call for participation and collaboration
The ATLAS program is always welcoming new partners for projects that are still under development: to join this initiative contact Bernd Feldvoss or Myrella Lechertier.
This project is open to collaboration with other associations around the world, with the objective that this initiative do not hesitate to contact us.
PROJECT MANAGER :
INDUSTRIAL CHAIR :
Myrella LECHERTIER , AFNeT Services
Bernd Feldvoss, Airbus
INTERNATIONAL STEP AP 242 EDITION 4 PROJECT
ISO Project leader:
ISO Project editor:
AFNeT Project leader:
Jean BRANGÉ , AFNeT Services
Darla Edwards, PDES Inc.
Bernd Feldvoss, Airbus
Share this article
The AP242 DAY organized by AFNeT and prostep-ivip was a real success with: more than 150 registrations, 90 users connected all time