ISO STEP AP242 edition 2
AP 242 Ed2 is the extension of AP 242 Ed1 to the electrical design domain, completed with specific enhancements in the following domains: PDM, 3D geometry, 3D PMI, composite and mechanical design.
The AP 242 ed2 project aims at defining and using a single integrated ISO standard covering product information interoperability capabilities for: Product Data Management, 3D model based design with PMI (e.g, Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances), Mechanical, Composite, and Electrical harness design.
This standard will be consistent with the ISO 10303 STEP modular Application Protocols:
- AP 209 “Multi-Disciplinary Analysis and design”,
- AP 210 “Electronic assembly, interconnect, and packaging design”,
- AP 233 “Systems Engineering”,
- AP 238 “Application interpreted model for computer numeric controllers »,
- AP 239 “Product Life-Cycle Support”.
Together they will be the foundation for specifications, engineering simulation and 3D model based design information interoperability of aerospace, automotive and other transportation industries. This should extend the use of STEP by the main manufacturing industries and the support by PLM software suppliers and integrators.
To join the STEP AP242 project
- Contact : Jean Brangé – Phone: +33 6 83 62 89 02
- Member Area :
AFNeT Industry leader
AFNeT Project Leader
International STEP AP 242 edition 2 project
Jean-Yves Delaunay, Airbus
Jean Brangé, AFNeT
- ISO Project leader: Jean Brangé, AFNeT Services
- ISO Project editor: Darla Edwards, PDES Inc.
- PDES Project leader: Tom Bluhm, Boeing
- AFNeT Project leader: Jean-Yves Delaunay, Airbus
The AP242 DAY organized by AFNeT and prostep-ivip was a real success with: more than 150 registrations, 90 users connected all time